Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Chemo Brain

I hate to admit, but Chemobrain has set in.

It's something the scientists aren't sure and all the patients are suffering. There are many research and studies going on, but nothing very conclusive. Some even deny this term and dismiss the poor patients.

And many friends say, they too are experiencing short term memory. Oh well, many always say that but, i weren't like this before treatment. It's not compared this way. We see the difference pre and post chemo, it's not because we age suddenly.

Other than short term memories, chemobrain exemplify itself as short attention span, fatigue, memory loss etc. For me, i lose my train of thoughts easily, and I'm starting to worry for my studies. And when people lower their standards upon learning my condition, i feel degraded.

I use to have a clear mind, i could write with reason but now, i'm losing it bit by bit.
It's scary like shit.

And it's not helping after my family's observation of my behaviour change and now it's my friends.

I feel Shu's frustration.
We were robbed, our health and freedom.



PS这半年来,我一直努力地运动、手抄古文、弹吉他、阅读,Shu甚至练习开发大脑的习题,但我们仍无法摆脱命运的残酷。

No comments:

Post a Comment