Wednesday, October 5, 2011

7#9 John Williams

Recently, I stopped playing the guitar for awhile. I'm not sure if i'm getting lazier each day staying at home, or trying too hard to pretend I love cooking, reading and playing guitar during this period of treatment, thus, I'm tired.

I have loads of music which I can't play in perfection, so many etudes to complete, tone to improve, fingerings to familiarise. Worse of all, I can't remember a 3 page piece at all. Call me a guitarist, man.

Maybe not just guitar, I've stopped listening to music as well. Books too, I'm reading very very very slowly. And so I wonder, how did i spend my day away when I'm home alone.

Last night, I decided to play the John William album I bought before flying to Melbourne for my grad trip. After the trip I was immediately hospitalised and everything flooded in like I was living another person's life. Then, i remembered this album.

I'm not sure if i was listening intensely, but when the CD reached tracked 2 Cavatina, I was already crying very hard. All these pieces were pieces I use to play. My all time guitar friend said the music must have touched me. Yea, I guess so. I remembered a lot of things, and I felt very bad neglecting my guitar for so long.

After this coming chemo, I'll try to play Asturias again.

No comments:

Post a Comment